Chandrakant (“Chandu”) C. Patel
Mr. Patel is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. Prior to joining Huggins he was a Senior Vice President & Corporate Actuary at Tower Insurance Company. Prior to that Mr. Patel was the Senior Vice President & Chief Reserving Actuary of Endurance Services Limited, and before that Mr. Patel was a Senior Vice President & Corporate Actuary, ACE Limited. Mr. Patel has over twenty-five years of experience being the lead reserving actuary for several large firms’ as well being a Senior Manager at KPMG LLP.
Mr. Patel’s professional experience includes:
- Reserve analyses for most property casualty exposures on a primary as well excess (reinsurance) basis;
- Establishing and streamlining reserve processes from ground up;
- Identifying sources of adverse development and linking reserve and profitability studies;
- Required reserve disclosures for SEC reporting, including the 10K development triangles;
- P&C reserve opinions and statutory reporting;
- Reserves range estimation.
Mr. Patel has achieved a Master of Science in Chemical Engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology, New Jersey. He also has his Bachelors in Chemical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India. He won the 1998 Reserves Paper Prize from the Casualty Actuarial Society, and was the assistant Editor of a book titled “Catastrophe Modeling: A New Approach to Managing Risk” (published by staff at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania). Mr. Patel is also a frequent speaker on the topic of reserving and linkages between pricing and reserving at industry wide actuarial conferences.