FCAS, CPCU, ARe, MAAA
Mr. Chang is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS), and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. Prior to joining Huggins, James was the Managing Risk Actuary of AIG Enterprise Risk Management. He also held actuarial positions at a large international reinsurer, a large international insurance company, and a rating bureau.
Mr. Chang’s professional experience includes:
- Stochastic reserving for commercial and personal lines, including medical malpractice, general liability, workers’ compensation, homeowners, automobile, and specialty insurance;
- Capital modeling for insurance company assets and liabilities;
- Reserving and financial reporting;
- Stress and Scenario testing for rating agency, regulatory, and economic models;
- Reinsurance pricing for complex multi-line reinsurance treaties considering all important contractual features;
- Commercial and personal lines ratemaking and rate filing;
- Competitor analysis to achieve goals for the enterprise;
- Ad hoc research of actuarial, underwriting, claims, and other company issues for management.
Mr. Chang received his Bachelor of Science in Bio-Engineering from the Johns Hopkins University, graduating as an early induction member of Tau Beta Pi.