Jane C. Taylor
FCAS, MAAA, JD
Ms. Taylor is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (AAA). Ms. Taylor’s experience includes responsibilities as a Senior Manager of KPMG Peat Marwick, LLP, a Corporate Senior Vice President of Actuarial Standards at the Reliance Insurance Group, and a Vice President with Huggins Financial Services, Inc. She has over forty years of experience in the reinsurance and insurance industry encompassing pricing and reserving for both primary and reinsurance companies involving legal, medical, and accountant malpractice; financial guaranty and other “specialty” coverages as well as the more standard coverages. On the legal side, she is also a Member of the American, Connecticut, and a New Jersey Bar Associations.
Ms. Taylor’s professional experience includes:
- Pricing and reserving for primary companies including legal, medical, and accountant malpractice; D&O and E&O; excess and umbrella; financial and mortgage guaranty insurance; and the more standard coverages
- Providing actuarial opinions and audit support for municipal bond, financial guaranty, residential mortgage guaranty, and other financial guaranty companies as well as providing support for the federal government mortgage guaranty operation
- Conducting the actuarial portion of triennial insurance department audits for various insurance departments including analysis of Low Income Housing Tax Credit Insurance, Real Estate Residual Value Bonds, Commercial Financial Guaranty Bonds, and other residual value bonds
- Pricing, monitoring, and reserving treaty and facultative reinsurance on both assumed and ceded business, including portfolio transfers, commutations, and evaluating loss sensitive contracts
- Providing litigation support for disputes involving insurance company litigants
- Performing FAS 113 / SSAP 62 risk transfer analyses for reinsurance contracts to assure compliance with accounting requirements
- Analyzing loss and loss expense reserves of multi-line property and casualty companies as part of reserve certifications and as part of reinsurance security analyses
- Supporting merger and acquisition activities for a variety of insurance entities including clients writing medical malpractice, reinsurance, excess and surplus lines, and primary coverage
- Assisting risk retention groups, captives, trust funds, and specialty insurers in start-up operations including ratemaking, policy design, rating protocol, reserves, and reinsurance needs
Ms. Taylor has served terms on various committees designed to further the respective professions; as the Chair for American Academy of Actuaries Working Group on Risk Transfer Issues, a Director for the Board of Directors of the Actuarial Education and Research Fund, and a Member for the Syllabus Committee of the Casualty Actuarial Society, the Casualty Loss Reserve Seminar Committee, the Casualty Ratemaking Committee, and the American Bar Association Standing Committee on Legal Liability.