Prior to joining Huggins, Ms. Hellman was a consulting actuary in the Insurance Advisory and Actuarial Services group of Ernst & Young, LLP, a senior actuarial analyst in the Excess & Select actuarial department of the property/casualty division of CNA Insurance, and a senior actuarial analyst in actuarial department of CIGNA. Ms. Hellman has over 23 years of experience in the Actuarial field.
Ms. Hellman has been involved in actuarial consulting projects including:
- Calculation of Workers’ Compensation overall pure premium and classification pure premium for state funds
- Calculation of Workers’ Compensation experience modification factor for state funds
- Creation of Workers’ Compensation model for calculation of outstanding liabilities for individual self-insureds
- Calculation of outstanding liabilities for individual self-insureds
- Ratemaking and outstanding liabilities analysis for municipal pools
- Assisting regulators with Workers Compensation self-insurance requirements in South Dakota and West Virginia
- Pricing primary and excess layers on a per occurrence basis for Workers Compensation, General Liability and Auto Liability for cash-flow policies for Fortune 1000 companies
- Filing and pricing of Workers Compensation large risk deductibles
- Conducting reserves reviews for all lines for exposure in Japan, Latin America, and New Zealand
- Programmed computational models for projection and pricing systems
Ms. Hellman received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mathematics from Bryn Mawr College.