Huggins Actuarial Services, Inc. is a full-service, independent actuarial consulting firm with roots dating back to 1911.
The future is full of uncertainty. Some of the events that can happen are undesirable. “Risk” is the possibility that an undesirable event will occur. Actuaries are experts in:
- Evaluating the likelihood of future events,
- Designing creative ways to reduce the likelihood of undesirable events,
- Decreasing the impact of undesirable events that do occur.
Actuaries are the analytical backbone of our society’s financial security programs. They are the brains behind the financial safeguards we have implemented in our personal lives so we can go about our daily lives without worrying too much about what the future may hold for us. These are the safeguards that protect us from life’s catastrophes. The insight into risk that actuaries have also helps to ensure that our savings are working hard for us so that everything we love and cherish can grow and flourish. The work of actuaries benefits all of us.
The impact of undesirable events can be both emotional and financial. Reducing the likelihood of these events helps relieve emotional pain. But some events, such as death, cannot be totally avoided; reducing their financial impact is very important. Huggins Actuarial Services, Inc. employs leading professionals who find ways to manage risk. It takes a combination of strong analytical skills, business knowledge, and understanding of human behavior to design and manage programs that control risk.
Huggins Actuarial Services, Inc. offers the expert actuarial services critical to the success of any property and casualty insurance endeavor. We can help develop products, establish pricing guidelines, set up reporting infrastructure to monitor emerging results, design appropriate reinsurance programs, commute reinsurance agreements, perform financial reporting, evaluate reserve provisions, support statutory compliance, and so forth. In short, we help clients succeed in today’s difficult P&C environment.
- Rated as one of the top U.S. property and casualty actuarial consulting firms by AM Best for more than 10 years
- Credentialed actuaries on staff average of over 25 years of experience
- Our consultants have reached top levels of achievement in the actuarial profession, including Chief Actuary of a large multi-line national insurance company and Partner of Big Four accounting firms
- Integrated team approach: Consultants with the highest skill level in their chosen specialties working closely together as an integrated unit
- Experienced in loss reserve analyses and statutory loss reserve opinions providing over 50 opinions annually
- Highest quality work in a timely fashion
- Fair and objective independent analysis
- Very competitive rates in the industry; we are very proud of our reputation in the industry for providing “Big Four” actuarial expertise at reasonable rates
- Huggins is headquartered in Media, Pennsylvania
The Huggins Advantage
Our firm’s philosophy centers on our commitment to the highest level of quality service delivered by quality people. Our long tradition of providing responsive, technical excellence to our clients’ needs through an integrated team approach requires that we focus on quality in every aspect of every engagement.