Donald J. Rusconi, CFA
Executive Financial Analyst
Donald Rusconi has executive management experience in the publicly traded and privately held insurance and managed care organizations. He also has experience as a financial analyst in the commercial banking sector.
Mr. Rusconi provides our clients with a unique expertise combining his experience in the financial and actuarial field from the insurance industry with financial analysis from the commercial banking sector. He has provided CEOs and CFOs of his clients as well as his own organizations with expertise in the financial analysis and modeling disciplines. He has provided financial and management consulting to various organizations including insurance companies, investment bankers, reinsurers, HMOs, managed care organizations, hospitals, disease management, third-party administrators, accounting firms, private equity funds, and other organizations servicing the insurance/reinsurance industry.
Mr. Rusconi’s professional experience includes:
- Working with the outside investment banking community in establishing earnings forecasts and developing strategic plans.
- Assessing outside insurance organizations and joint ventures, and evaluating whether his company should invest resource and capital into them.
- Providing financial and management consulting to HMOs and managed care organizations nationwide.
- Consulting a variety of managed care companies including hospital systems, disease management companies, prescription drug benefit managers, radiology carve-outs, post-acute companies, transportation and other third party vendors
- Mergers & acquisitions including several by his own organizations.
- Guest speaking for various industry conferences and has presented at national conferences on healthcare reform.
- Professor for Columbia University’s Masters of Science Program teaching courses in healthcare, including healthcare reform and reinsurance.
Mr. Rusconi holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) designation and is a member of the following professional organizations:
- CFA Institute
- The Hartford Society of Financial Analysts
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Member, Actuarial Society of Greater New York (ASNY)
Mr. Rusconi has experience with the following companies:
- Vice President & CFO – Aquarius Capital, an actuarial consulting firm specializing in insurance, managed care consulting, reinsurance and employee benefits based in New York and Connecticut.
- Vice President, Financial Management – Transamerica Reinsurance, Accident & Health Division in Connecticut.
- Vice President – Management Facilities Corporation, a managing general underwriter based in Connecticut and New Jersey.
- Director, Actuarial and Financial Services – Physicians Health Services, an HMO operating in Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey.
- Underwriter – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Connecticut.
- Commercial Credit Analyst – Bay Bank & Trust Company located in Florida.
Mr. Rusconi is from Connecticut and graduated from Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
The Huggins Advantage
Our firm’s philosophy centers on our commitment to the highest level of quality service delivered by quality people. Our long tradition of providing responsive, technical excellence to our clients’ needs through an integrated team approach requires that we focus on quality in every aspect of every engagement.