Frank Sullivan, Ph.D.
Dr. Sullivan is an Assistant Actuary who completed a Ph.D. in the mathematics of dynamical systems. Prior to joining Huggins in 2007, Dr. Sullivan was a Senior Associate Actuary at the Highlands Insurance Company. Before that, Frank was an Assistant Vice President at Marsh and McLennan, and an Actuarial Consultant for the Insurance Services Office (ISO). Frank has also been an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at Fairleigh Dickinson University, and before that, at Pace University. Frank has over 28 years of experience in the actuarial field.
Dr. Sullivan has been involved in actuarial consulting projects including:
- Lines of business include general liability, workers compensation, automobile liability, commercial multi-peril, homeowners, asbestos, environmental and third party liabilities
- Quarterly reviews of a quarter billion dollars in property-casualty liabilities
- Pricing and reserving analysis to self-insured clients and entities
- Involvement in various mass tort valuation studies
- Annual Schedule P preparation
- Research and development projects improving procedures for increased limits ratemaking
- Expert user of Access, Excel and @RISK Monte Carlo simulation software
Dr. Sullivan received a Ph.D. in Mathematics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He also received a Masters of Science in Mathematics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Frank received his Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics at the State University of New York at Albany. Frank has completed four CAS exams.