Melissa Houck is an Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society. Prior to joining Huggins in 2005, Ms. Houck was an Actuarial Vice President at the United National Insurance Company. Before that, Melissa was a consulting actuary and manager at Ernst & Young, LLP, a senior actuarial analyst in the PMA Group, and a senior actuarial analyst in the actuarial department of Cigna Corp. She also has been an accountant with Cigna Corp and the United National Insurance Company. Ms. Houck has over 22 years of experience in the actuarial field.
Ms. Houck has been involved in actuarial consulting projects including:
- Workers’ Compensation, Medical Professional Liability, General Liability, Auto Liability and Products Liability
- Homeowners and Commercial Package, Property and Auto Physical Damage
- Asbestos & Environmental
- Retro premium
- Reinsurance structuring studies
- Risk transfer analysis
- Size-of-loss analysis
- Preparation and forecasting of statutory reserve development schedules
- Litigation support
- Worked directly with the following client types: self-insured groups, State funds, multi-line insurance carriers, captive and non-profit groups
Ms. Houck received a B.S. in Quantitative Business Analysis from Pennsylvania State University, and also received a Masters of Business Administration from Drexel University. Ms. Houck became a Certified Public Accountant in Pennsylvania in 1986.
The Huggins Advantage
Our firm’s philosophy centers on our commitment to the highest level of quality service delivered by quality people. Our long tradition of providing responsive, technical excellence to our clients’ needs through an integrated team approach requires that we focus on quality in every aspect of every engagement.