Our consultants have extensive real-world expertise and experience forming and supporting self-insured entities.
The following list identifies the services most frequently requested by self-insurers. More information can be found on the Services page.
- Assess insurance or reinsurance contracts for the presence of risk transfer
- Assist with expense reimbursement on government contracts
- Assess economic capital needs using probabilistic models comprehensively covering company-specific risk sources (Economic Capital Modeling)
- Analyze loss cost variability for a book of business using an individual claim simulation model
- Create or evaluate enterprise risk management (ERM) frameworks including ERM policies and procedures
- Represent the client in collateral negotiations
- Create a reporting dashboard to monitor current or emerging results and inform management decision-making
- Estimate loss funding levels or projected loss payments for the coming year(s)
- Estimate the portion of the total claims liability recoverable from insurance under FASB ASU 2010-24
- Financial analysis and forecasting including preparation of pro-forma financial reports (Economic Capital Modeling)
- Evaluate loss & LAE or unearned premium reserve positions annually or on an interim basis
- Establish risk appetites, tolerances, and limits and monitor in-force exposures
- Lawsuit and arbitration support, including expert witness testimony
- Research and assess the impact of legislation or regulation
- Review claims administration as part of a “claims leakage” assessment
The Huggins Advantage
Our firm’s philosophy centers on our commitment to the highest level of quality service delivered by quality people. Our long tradition of providing responsive, technical excellence to our clients’ needs through an integrated team approach requires that we focus on quality in every aspect of every engagement.