Todd H. Dashoff
ACAS, MAAA, ARM
Todd Dashoff is an Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society, a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries and an Associate in Risk Management. He has served as a Manager in the Actuarial Services practice of a big four accounting firm. Prior to that, he was an actuary for a major property-casualty insurance company located in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. Mr. Dashoff has over 32 years of experience in the actuarial field.
Mr. Dashoff has been involved in actuarial consulting projects including:
- Reserving and ratemaking analyses for major medical malpractice carriers
- Evaluations of effects of legislative changes on medical malpractice carriers
- Analyses of incurred but not reported (IBNR) reserve requirements under SOP 87-1 for Pennsylvania and New Jersey hospitals
- Actuarial analysis for formation of a medical risk retention group
- Pricing for municipal joint insurance funds and self-insured medical liability programs
- Reserve analyses for direct writers and reinsurers
- Evaluations of pro-rata, excess and loss portfolio transfer reinsurance programs for insurance carriers
- Development of computer program to account for effect of new tax law changes on ratemaking system
Prior to entering actuarial consulting, Mr. Dashoff was involved in various areas of property-casualty insurance company actuarial operations, with an emphasis on private passenger automobile pricing and reserving.
He received a M.A.S. Degree in Actuarial Science from Georgia State University. Mr. Dashoff also received a B.S. Degree in Economics from Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.