Blaine Marles is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. Prior to joining Huggins, Mr. Marles served as a Vice President and Actuary at Harleysville Insurance Companies. He has held various actuarial management positions at Harleysville for over twenty-five years, and prior to that served as an Underwriter and Actuarial Analyst for Harleysville. Mr. Marles has twenty-eight years of experience in the actuarial field.
Mr. Marles has extensive experience in various areas including:
- Loss reserving of all personal and commercial lines
- Appointed Actuary for several regional insurance companies
- Financial projections and modeling
- Financial reporting and measurement
- Automation of IBNR allocation process
- Strategic planning
- Product and business development
- Creating alternative actuarial tools to analyze claim data
Mr. Marles has been involved in various actuarial associations. He has been a member of the NCCI Joint Pool Reserving Committee, and a member of the Casualty Actuaries of the Mid-Atlantic Region. Mr. Marles graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
The Huggins Advantage
Our firm’s philosophy centers on our commitment to the highest level of quality service delivered by quality people. Our long tradition of providing responsive, technical excellence to our clients’ needs through an integrated team approach requires that we focus on quality in every aspect of every engagement.