Blaine Marles is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. Prior to joining Huggins, Mr. Marles served as a Vice President and Actuary at Harleysville Insurance Companies. He has held various actuarial management positions at Harleysville for over twenty-five years, and prior to that served as an Underwriter and Actuarial Analyst for Harleysville. Mr. Marles has twenty-eight years of experience in the actuarial field.
Mr. Marles has extensive experience in various areas including:
- Loss reserving of all personal and commercial lines
- Appointed Actuary for several regional insurance companies
- Financial projections and modeling
- Financial reporting and measurement
- Automation of IBNR allocation process
- Strategic planning
- Product and business development
- Creating alternative actuarial tools to analyze claim data
Mr. Marles has been involved in various actuarial associations. He has been a member of the NCCI Joint Pool Reserving Committee, and a member of the Casualty Actuaries of the Mid-Atlantic Region. Mr. Marles graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.