Huggins consultants have the expertise to assist you with all your captive-related needs including actuarial, enterprise risk management, and economic capital modeling.
Whether you want to establish a new program, add coverage to an existing captive, need a loss reserve analysis/certification, or require projections of future funding, our experienced team can meet your needs. The following list identifies the services most frequently requested by captives and risk retention groups. More information can be found on the Services page.
- Financial analysis and forecasting, including preparation of pro-forma financial reports (Economic Capital Modeling)
- Assess alternative jurisdictions for domicile optimization
- Evaluate loss & LAE or unearned premium reserve positions annually or on an interim basis
- Estimate a confidence interval (range) of reasonable loss & LAE reserve values
- Serve as Appointed Actuary, including issuing a Statement of Actuarial Opinion and Actuarial Opinion Summary
- Allocate the total cost of risk across individual covered entities
- Analyze the drivers of actual results and compare against expected results
- Assess insurance or reinsurance contracts for the presence of risk transfer
- Establish risk appetites, tolerances, and limits and monitor in-force exposures
- Assess economic capital needs using probabilistic models comprehensively covering company-specific risk sources
- Analyze loss cost variability for a book of business using an individual claim simulation model
- Create or evaluate enterprise risk management (ERM) frameworks including ERM policies and procedures
- Create a reporting dashboard to monitor current or emerging results and inform management decision-making
- Estimate loss funding levels or projected loss payments for the coming year(s)
- Estimate the portion of the total claims liability recoverable from insurance under FASB ASU 2010-24
- Design effective reinsurance programs or commute reinsurance agreements
- Research and assess the impact of legislation or regulation
The Huggins Advantage
Our firm’s philosophy centers on our commitment to the highest level of quality service delivered by quality people. Our long tradition of providing responsive, technical excellence to our clients’ needs through an integrated team approach requires that we focus on quality in every aspect of every engagement.