Huggins has consulting actuaries who have extensive litigation support experience and have appeared as expert witnesses at trials or arbitration hearings.
Huggins undertakes insurance and reinsurance litigation and arbitration support projects and provides such support as the law firm and/or company may request. We will also generally consult with, advise, and assist the law firm and/or company. Our actuaries and insurance industry experts provide sophisticated actuarial and statistical analysis in support of our expert witness actuaries. We will also provide a written expert report detailing our analyses and conclusions, if requested. Huggins has extensive experience in both expert witness and litigation support valuation services.
The following list identifies the services most frequently requested by law firms. More information can be found on the Services page.
- Lawsuit and arbitration support, including expert witness testimony
- Support actuarial malpractice proceedings
- Deposition support
- Assess insurance or reinsurance contracts for the presence of risk transfer
- Analyze loss cost variability for a book of business using an individual claim simulation model
- Evaluate loss & LAE or unearned premium reserve positions annually or on an interim basis including as part of company valuation for merger & acquisition purposes
- Serve as company representative in negotiations with counterparties including Departments of Insurance
- Financial analysis and forecasting including preparation of pro-forma financial reports
- Review claims administration as part of a “claims leakage” assessment
- Collateral Negotiations/Disputes
- Matrimonial Litigation
The Huggins Advantage
Our firm’s philosophy centers on our commitment to the highest level of quality service delivered by quality people. Our long tradition of providing responsive, technical excellence to our clients’ needs through an integrated team approach requires that we focus on quality in every aspect of every engagement.