Prior to joining Huggins, Ms. Hellman was a consulting actuary in the Insurance Advisory and Actuarial Services group of Ernst & Young, LLP, a senior actuarial analyst in the Excess & Select actuarial department of the property/casualty division of CNA Insurance, and a senior actuarial analyst in actuarial department of CIGNA. Ms. Hellman has over 23 years of experience in the Actuarial field.
Ms. Hellman has been involved in actuarial consulting projects including:
- Calculation of Workers’ Compensation overall pure premium and classification pure premium for state funds
- Calculation of Workers’ Compensation experience modification factor for state funds
- Creation of Workers’ Compensation model for calculation of outstanding liabilities for individual self-insureds
- Calculation of outstanding liabilities for individual self-insureds
- Ratemaking and outstanding liabilities analysis for municipal pools
- Assisting regulators with Workers’ Compensation self-insurance requirements in South Dakota and West Virginia
- Pricing primary and excess layers on a per occurrence basis for Workers’ Compensation, General Liability and Auto Liability for cash-flow policies for Fortune 1000 companies
- Filing and pricing of Workers’ Compensation large risk deductibles
- Conducting reserves reviews for all lines for exposure in Japan, Latin America, and New Zealand
- Programmed computational models for projection and pricing systems
Ms. Hellman received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mathematics from Bryn Mawr College.
The Huggins Advantage
Our firm’s philosophy centers on our commitment to the highest level of quality service delivered by quality people. Our long tradition of providing responsive, technical excellence to our clients’ needs through an integrated team approach requires that we focus on quality in every aspect of every engagement.