Huggins frequently works directly with agents and brokers, or works as a representative of their clients, assisting on a wide variety of projects. In some cases, agents or brokers may not have in-house actuaries, or they engage Huggins as an outside actuarial consultant for reasons of independence.
The following list identifies the services most frequently requested by insurance agents and brokers. More information can be found on the Services page.
- Design effective insurance or reinsurance programs, or commute reinsurance agreements
- Prepare company exposure reports for submission to the insurer, reinsurer, or broker
- Allocate the total cost of risk across individual covered entities
- Analyze policyholder dividends or assessments
- Represent the client in collateral negotiations
- Assess insurance or reinsurance contracts for the presence of risk transfer
- Identify and assess current and emerging trends, including their drivers
- Evaluate loss & LAE or unearned premium reserve positions annually or on an interim basis
- Estimate loss funding levels or projected loss payments for the coming year(s)
- Estimate the portion of the total claims liability recoverable from insurance under FASB ASU 2010-24
- Lawsuit and arbitration support including expert witness testimony
The Huggins Advantage
Our firm’s philosophy centers on our commitment to the highest level of quality service delivered by quality people. Our long tradition of providing responsive, technical excellence to our clients’ needs through an integrated team approach requires that we focus on quality in every aspect of every engagement.