Huggins serves large to small hospitals as well as many medical professionals with their actuarial needs and projects.
The following list identifies the services most frequently requested by healthcare systems, hospitals and medical professionals. More information can be found on the Services page.
- Evaluate loss & LAE or unearned premium reserve positions annually or on an interim basis
- Estimate a confidence interval (range) of reasonable loss & LAE reserve values
- Analyze the drivers of actual results and compare against expected results
- Allocate the total cost of risk across individual covered entities
- Calculate accrued liability for Death, Disability or Retirement (DDR) claims
- Estimate loss funding levels or projected loss payments for the coming year(s)
- Estimate the portion of the total claims liability recoverable from insurance under FASB ASU 2010-24
- Estimate the retained liability under SOP 87-1
- Create or review ERM policies and procedures
- Create a reporting dashboard to monitor current or emerging results and inform management decision-making
- Lawsuit and arbitration support including expert witness testimony
The Huggins Advantage
Our firm’s philosophy centers on our commitment to the highest level of quality service delivered by quality people. Our long tradition of providing responsive, technical excellence to our clients’ needs through an integrated team approach requires that we focus on quality in every aspect of every engagement.