Steven J. Lesser
Mr. Lesser is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS), and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. Prior to joining Huggins, he served as chief actuary for AIG Private Client Group, a profit center specializing in insurance products and risk management services for high net worth individuals. He directed actuarial services for CIGNA Property and Casualty’s recreational marine unit, where he made pricing and reserving recommendations for boat, yacht, and marina products. He also has provided actuarial support for other products including workers’ compensation and homeowners insurance. He has over 20 years of experience in the actuarial field.
Mr. Lesser’s professional experience includes:
- Developing forms, rates and rating plans for personal and commercial line products, including medical malpractice, general liability, workers’ compensation, homeowners, automobile, and inland marine insurance
- Performing annual reserve reviews of a mortgage guaranty assumed reinsurance company
- Reserving for medical malpractice, general liability, workers’ compensation, and various personal lines
- Developing of insurance automobile rating tiers based on driver credit scores
- Implementing countrywide product filings
- Valuating books of business for acquisition
- Analyzing competitive positions for new and existing products
- Developing agent profit-sharing agreements
Mr. Lesser received his Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from the University of Michigan, graduating as a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He is an actuarial exam seminar instructor for the Casualty Actuaries of the Mid-Atlantic Region (CAMAR), where he covers the risk-based capital calculation.
The Huggins Advantage
Our firm’s philosophy centers on our commitment to the highest level of quality service delivered by quality people. Our long tradition of providing responsive, technical excellence to our clients’ needs through an integrated team approach requires that we focus on quality in every aspect of every engagement.